Meeting Agendas

image18

Downloads

THOMPSON FALLS WASTEWATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT PUBLIC MEETING (PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE) The City of Thompson Falls would like to invite you to attend a public meeting to discuss the Wastewater System Improvements project for the City of Thompson Falls and the proposed impacts to the system users.   The City’s sewer system currently serves only 20% of our residents.  The other 80% use individual septic systems.  Most of these do not comply with today’s treatment standards and many are beginning to fail and threaten public health.  Replacement of the existing septic systems in the City is determined on a case-by-case basis, by Sanders County as space for proper wastewater treatment and disposal is limited on most lots in the City.  Currently, the county cannot guarantee a new wastewater system can be permitted and installed.   The proposed project will include existing sewer system improvements, existing treatment improvements and adding an additional 334 users to the wastewater system (Phase 1 & 2 from the Preliminary Engineering Report April 2018).  The estimated cost for Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the 4-phased project is $14.9 million.  In September 2018, USDA Rural Development committed to the City a $9.1 million grant and a $4.8 million loan.  The City’s applications for TSEP and RRGL grants have ranked well and grant funding is anticipated through these two programs. The City is currently working with other grant programs to reduce project costs and the associated user rates to low-income residents who currently do not have City sewer service.  Your attendance is encouraged to assist in receiving additional project funds.   The existing sewer system is a barrier to residential and commercial growth in the City.  Once completed, the project will enhance public safety and allow for inner City development, growth and property value.    This meeting provides an opportunity for you to gain information about the project and to voice suggestions and concerns.  You will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide comments.    WHEN: 6:00 P.M. Monday January 7th WHERE: Thompson Falls Community Center 410 Golf Street Thompson Falls, MT  WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!